This congregation has provided a Lutheran witness to Arlington since 1940, and we plan to be here serving the Gospel for many years to come. Resurrection's mission and ministry are built on the solid foundation of Word and Sacrament. Worship is at the heart of a Christian's existence, though it is not the sum and substance of that experience. This means that while one is justified by faith in Jesus Christ, true faith is always active in love.
Resurrection Lutheran Church is part of the Metropolitan Washington DC Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Our faith is based in the historic creeds of the church anchored in Holy Scripture, and is summarized in the confessional documents of the Lutheran Church.
Come join us on Sunday mornings and sing a joyful song to the Lord.
Reverend Dr. Scott S. Ickert, Senior Pastor
Reverend Anteneh Gebreselassie, Associate Pastor
Come join us at Resurrection to celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ our Lord:
Sunday Of The Passion, March 29th at 8:30am and 11:00am:
- Procession with Palms (gather in narthex before services)
- The Passion According to Mark
Maundy Thursday, April 2nd at 7:30pm:
- Foot Washing
All will be invited to have their feet washed and to wash another's feet. This is in obedience to the new commandment Jesus gave us that we love one another as he has loved us.
- Commemoration of the Institution of the Lord's Supper ("on the night in which he was betrayed...")
- Stripping of the Altar
Good Friday, April 3rd at 7:30pm:
- The Passion According to St. John, narrated with music for choir, soloists, and organ composed by Bob Chilcott
- Bidding Prayer
- Procession of the Cross
- Solemn Reproaches
Vigil of Easter, April 4th at 7:30pm:
- Service of Light
- Service of Readings
- Service of Baptism and Affirmation of Baptism
- Service of Holy Communion
Easter Sunday, April 5th
- The Culmination of the Three Days
- Festival services at 8:30am and 11:00am
- Breakfast at 9:30am